The Zillertal Valley is one of the side valleys branching off the Inntal Valley, surrounded on all sides by the majestic mountains of Tyrol. The 32km valley is lined by the Zillertal Alps and the Tux Alps and stretches from the village of Strass all the way to Mayrhofen, where it divides into four smaller side valleys known as Zillergrund, Zemmgrund, Stillupptal and Tuxer Tal.
The highest peak in the valley is the Hochfeiler (3509m), which offers great views of the surrounding mountains – well worth the hard work of hiking all the way to the top!
Experience the landscape
The Zillertal Valley
Friendly people, plenty of great activities and stunning natural surroundings make the Zillertal Valley the perfect destination for your next summer holiday. Hikers can look forward to exploring more than 1000 km of trails, while other activities popular during the warm months of the year include mountainbiking, rock climbing (indoors and outdoors), paragliding and rafting. The Zillertal Valley also hosts traditional celebrations such as the ceremonial cattle drive when cows are brought down from the high pastures at the end of summer.
Holidays in the Zillertal Valley
- Zell and nearby villages Zellberg, Rohrberg, Gerlosberg and Hainzenberg
- Free skibus to Königsleiten
- Direct access to the Zillertal Arena
- Activities including cross-country skiing, winter hiking, ice skating and paragliding
- Longest toboggan run in the valley at Hainzenberg (also open in the evenings)
- Many ski schools, wintersports shops and ski storage depots
Mostlifts and cable cars in the Zillertal Valley are open in summer and winter
Enjoy a memorable alpine holiday with us in the stunning Zillertal Valley!